Monday, August 3, 2009

Tutorial Emboss Resist

Hello Ladies:
Well I promised I would share this technique. I used it on a card I blogged about last week. I hope you enjoy, but most of all I hope it inspires you to try it, and create something fabulous.....It could even be a card you can enter into the quarterly contest...hint...hint! Here it goes sorry for the bad lighting on the first couple of photos.

Here is what you will need:
-Cardstock-I used White daisy
-Rubber Brayer
-White embossing powder you can use clear embossing powder to get a more subtle effect.
-Versamark Ink pad and a CTMH exclusive inks stamp pad, I am using Creme Brulee for this card
- Any Background or image stamp..here I have chosen to use a Swirl and just stamping it in different directions on the Card stock.
-Finally you will also need your heat gun

I then stamped my image with Versa mark Ink on my cardstock to create a pattern. You can also stamp randomly. Then I added the white embossing powder and used my Heat gun to set the image. In the photo above you can kind of see the contrast of the embossing powder against the card stock.

In this photo I have a piece of scratch paper to protect my work surface. I've taken my Rubber brayer and inked it up really well making sure to completely cover it with ink. then starting just barely off the card stock I roll over it in smooth strokes. Making sure to re-ink the brayer before each stroke. You can continue to do this until you get the desired color you want. Finally I've taken a paper towel and gently gone over the card paying special attention to the embossed images in order to pick up any excess ink. Finally your card is ready to be folded and embellished. Here is my finished product. The card reads Happy, Happy, Birthday! I think this will be the card I give my Mommy, it is her birthday soon. I hope she likes it. If you have any questions or if I haven't explained things well enough leave me a comment or feel free to email me.
Here is a list of the Items I used and their Item numbers.To order these or any other CTMH Products visit my website at www.scrapchicky.myctmh.com
White daisy cardstocl #1385
Creme Brulee Ink pad #Z2167
Versamark Ink pad #Z891
Rubber Brayer #Z616
White Daisy Embossing Powder #Z673
Just Blooms-White daisy #Z1300
Chocolate Ribbon Rounds #Z1127
Frame of Mind Stamp set #D1201

1 comment:

  1. you have inspired me to try this again. I have never been successful with it or liked the outcome. Do you find there is a difference using light vs dark inks?

    ReplyDelete